Tuesday, January 8, 2008

top songs

My old computer broke so I have to try to reconstruct this, and I don't feel like working very hard.... and now it's proving very difficult to figure out what was released in 2007, so I'll just list some top jams that I didn't see on other people's lists.

Gui Boratto - Beautiful Life

You losers need to get on board here. Gui is the best. This song makes me believe it. What a beautiful life!

Matthew Dear - Deserter

This is one of those songs that's so good that the first time you hear it you can't believe no one's ever thought of these sounds before. Maybe my overall favorite.


Band of Horses - Detlef Schrempf


Best song on a sweet album.


Sunset Rubdown - Mending of the Gown

I think Spencer Krug is one of my favorite young men. The ultimate in grow-on-you songs.


Los Campesinos! - You! Me! Dancing!


Self-explanantory

Beirut - Forks and Knives (La Fete)

"Vaguely foreign" is how I find myself describing Beirut's music. I can never quite pin down the exact locale, except that it sounds like it's probably from another continent. The obvious choice is the Middle East, but sometimes it strikes me as more European. I don't know. This song reminds me of Venice! It's the best song on a more consistent second album.

okay i'm tired of this. here's some other top hits:

the bowerbirds - in our talons

the field - everday

justice - D.A.N.C.E. (Alan Braxxe remix)

okkervil river - john allyn smith sails

m.i.a. - paper planes

white williams - fleetwood crack

3 comments:

erica said...

thanks for trying so hard!

J-Kiddin' said...

whatever, man. I'm not gonna talk to you until you get that hip hop 07 i made. Make that everyone.

Jake Tanner said...

already did man! booya