Monday, December 17, 2007

Your mind=eats for others

How often do you get to prove your intelligence AND help others? I know I do not often have the chance. That's why I found this little NPR tidbit so good. Quite simple really. Just choose the correct definition of a word from a list of four and for each correct answer twenty grains of rice are donated to the UN World Food Programme. Some of the vocabulary is a little tricky, but I got over 200 grains of rice in just a couple minutes. Give it a try and boast about how much rice you donated!
By the way, in case you are wondering, the banner ads that flash on the bottom of the page for each question (that you pay no attention to) pay for the rice you win. Take that Google! (links to an article about Google's digital books project not as good as you might think.)

1 comment:

Jeff BBz said...

I also am starting to hate googles. There is a dude coming out with a book that is also blogging it first (kinda open source book if you will) that I can't remeber the link of. so never mind.